History of Nashik
The history of Nashik is quite absorbing where we see the changes in this city from early Stone Age to the Stills. It is said that the territory of Nashik was found in the Early Stone Age, at the time of Archaeological Excavations and from there Nashik started its journey.
It is stated that Nashik had come into existence when Lord Rama along with his wife Sita and Brother Laxman visited Nashik at the time of their “Vanwasa”. During that time, Laxman fought with “Shurpanakha” and cut her nose (“Nashik” in Sanskrit) because she was behaving rudely with Sita and hence the city got its first name Nashik. After that Nashik got many chances to get more names. One from Lord Brahmadeva “Padmaasana” for some time and Second from Lord Vishnu “Tri-Kantak”.
Growth of Nashik
During the Freedom struggle of 1857, Nashik had to face many disturbances and problems but at last the struggle ended by 1860 and it once again enjoyed peace and beauty.
Major events in the History of Nashik
- 1861- Deolali Cantonment was formed in Nashik.
- 1862- Railway Station was built on Nashik road.
- 1864- Nashik Municipality was formed.
- 1869- Nashik became fully developed District with its present 13 Talukas.
- 1894- Victoria Bridge’s Construction started.
- 1910- Police Training School started
- 1932- Mahatma Gandhi’s non-cooperation movement of underground activities was found in this beautiful city as well as Dr. Ambedkar’s Untouchability and Mass Satyagraha movement also started from Nashik.
- 1950- India National Congress session started in this place.
- 1964- Diesel Injector Plant started in this year.
Nashik has become one of the famous places of the World and is surrounded by famous Nine Hills and lakes which add diamonds to its beauty. It is the best place which is continuously developing whether in the field of Industry to the Agriculture, Railways to the Tram, Tourism to the Theaters and Economy to the Sports Complexes. It is also renowned for Tourism, Investment and Education. So plan your trip to Nashik and enjoy its beauty with your family, friends and relatives.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0